Container transport - reefer container loading
Sea forwarding Gdynia
There are several important rules which govern the process of loading reefer containers for land transport or sea freight:
- Do not load when the refrigerating unit is ON.
- Place the load uniformly on container floor.
- With empty space on the floor, move the load deeper inside the container and cover the empty space with cardboard boxes and pallets (to ensure good distribution of cold air).
- Do not load more than up to the red marker on container side (to prevent wrong circulation of cold air).
- With loads on pallets, make sure nothing will obstruct vertical air flow through the cardboard boxes on pallets.
- Loaded pallets may be braced by means of stretch film only around the pallet; never brace the pallets from the top or bottom.
- Loads must be neither covered nor separated by films or stowage materials which cannot ensure suitable air flow.